11.12.2009

Share and Voice: Eco-Chic Hotel

As you may have heard, I recently vacationed in Arizona and California. Since I missed class on Monday, I wanted to find something on my trip that I could take pictures of that I could relate to what we are learning about. When we entered our first hotel suite, I immediately found notes and signs around the room that related to the environment. I decided to take pictures of as many things on the trip as I could find that were eco-chic and here are some that I found!






 
I really liked this last one about smoking. $250 is a high price to pay if you think you need to smoke in rooms where people shouldn't have to be exposed to it.



Windmills! (Go California!)



This one is a little bit harder to see, but this was at a seafood restaurant we ate at. It was explaining how they don't bring out water glasses to every table except upon request so that they can waste as little water as possible. I thought this was very cool.



Even when travelling, we have to remember to preserve the resources there just as much as we should when we are at our own homes. Happy November!



4 comments:

  1. very cool way of depicting both "eco-chicness" and your vacation all in one post! I left you an award on my page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude I totally love the $250 fine for smoking in the hotel room! GENUIS :)
    P.S. Way to go California on saving water... especially after watching the "Thirst" video it makes me very happy they're taking smart steps to being safer with the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen in a lot of hotels lately having signs up with preserving water and being green! Very Cool! Hope you had a fun time on your trip! Congrats on the blog award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures make the blog, good job! Great that hotels are trying to be environmental friendly

    ReplyDelete