10.27.2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 4: Weekly Update

wEEk 4.


What was your SMART goal?
     My SMART goal was to limit my shower time to 3 minutes on non-shave days, and 6-7 minutes on shave days.




Successes.
     Well, as gross at it may sound.. I have limited my showering to once a day or once every two days and stayed within my time limits. I am getting used to the length and it isn't as hard anymore to get in, get clean, and get out.

Challenges.
    I think a constant challenge until the end of all this is the self-discipline it takes to keep myself honest about how long I am in there. Remembering the environment helps me to do so.


What I learned...
   I continue to learn other ways to be aware of our environment. Each time we have class it opens my eyes to a whole new perspective and another angle at which I have not yet seen. I like that.

Next week: In the following week, I will continue to maintain my short shower times and limiting the amount of times I take showers to the maximum of one a day. I will still listen to different songs to keep showering for that short of a time a little bit fun, and as I mentioned already, I will remember the environment through my struggles! 

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 4 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic with Amy

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing a really good job! I wish I could cut down on shower time more, I am a swim instructor so I am always showering after I am in the pool so thats almost 2 showers a day...I need to work on that...Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's soooo true! Once you constantly do something the easier it gets.
    I'm glad you're doing better on your goal. I completely understand how hard it is to cut back. I LOVE THE SHOWER.... it's my favorite relaxation method.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear that it is not such a challenge anymore, that shows that you have basically managed this lifestyle change!

    ReplyDelete