10.26.2009

Eye Opener: Environmental Working Group

MAYBELLINE COVER STICK CORRECTOR/CONCEALER

After surfing around Skin Deep a little bit, I found one of the facial products I use on a daily basis. Luckily, despite some of the negative problems that have been linked to this product, it was only given a 4, or a moderate hazard to the environment. Although anything above a zero should be seen as a problem, there were far worse products talked about on the site. Ingredients in this product were linked to: Developmental/Reproductive Toxicity, Violations, Restrictions, & Warnings, Allergies/Immunotoxicity, and other general concerns... which all freak me out a little bit. Do I really want to be applying this concealer to my face? When something is related to the word 'toxic', I have trouble applying it close to any body openings such as my nose, eyes, or mouth. 


 

It was also kind of interesting to read about the specific ingredients in it and how hazardous they are. I think I will be referring to this site quite a bit more before buying cosmetics in the future!

3 comments:

  1. I am also really glad to have found this website to pick products with no toxins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love maybelline too... It made me sad to see all of the downfalls present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing your daily product only had a rating of four, my daily face moisturizer was listed as a 7...couldn't believe it.

    ReplyDelete