11.17.2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week : Weekly Update

Week 7!

MY SMART GOAL
My SMART goal was to take 3 minute showers everyday, except on days when I have to shave, in which case I will allow myself 7 minutes.




SUCCESSES & CHALLENGES
Again, I had a pretty successful week. We seem to have a few shower 'issues' at my house, or rather, the water system of the house isn't efficient. I experienced some scalding experiences this week where I was just enjoying my shower and the water temperature rose significantly and burnt my back. It didn't take me long to realize the cause was from the running washing machine. We concluded that no other 'water-user' can be on while someone is in the shower because it will either burn us or turn us to ice. Not a fun realization. Figuring out this problem was a success, but anytime it affects you in the shower, definitely a challenge!! :)

 FEELINGS
I feel very proud of myself when reflecting on this behavior change. I have been doing it for so long now it is more of a habit than a task, and I have been encouraging people around me to be aware of their shower time as well. It gives me a sense of accomplishment to know that I am the reason others are being  more eco-chic!

WHAT I LEARNED..
I learned the valuable water resource lesson. It was almost nature's way of punishing us for using too much water at one time by burning or freezing us in the shower. It's kind of funny to think that nature gets us back with a little karma when we overuse our resources.

PLANS FOR NEXT WEEK
My plan for next week.. to keep it up! Again, I am very proud of myself for making this a habit instead of a burden and if I am going to change anything it will be that I have to tell at least 10 people about my eco-chic change and challenge them to work on their shower time as well.

4 comments:

  1. I liked when you stated that you are glad you have made this a habit, not a burden. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I hate when someone turns on another water source... it always tends to BURN me! If I'm lucky it gets cold but normally my skin feels as if it's about to fall off...
    Hopefully you can get your roommates to manage their water sharing time better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the telling 10 people! Cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job informing others! I hate that sometimes when you run other water, it affects the shower!

    ReplyDelete