11.20.2009

Reflection: Weeks 9 & 10

Week 9
This week we started the advocacy section of the course. By finding our political representatives, it made us aware of the hierarchy above us here in the state of Minnesota. We also incorporated how it related to our profession to be aware of our reps. It was also week 6 of our lifestyle change and the 3rd quarter of our read n seed.

 Week 10
This week we watched the video "Unnatural Causes ". We also talked about our next blog post dealing with the issues for the Healthy People 2010 goal that we chose. I chose to focus on an issue dealing with water quality and the Great Lakes. We also got a small overview of the upcoming photo essay assignment, which I am looking forward to. It was also week 7 of our lifestyle change.




Learned about myself...
This week I learned that I should be more aware of our political reps. They are the ones we implemented to make choices about things such as our environment and we should be aware of who these people are and how we can contact them to give them our feedback. They have reps for each district for that reason exactly. 

Learned about the environment...
About the environment I learned how much it is intertwined with politics. I don't think we correlate the two together very much when we definitely should. 

Learned about blogging...
I learned some interesting things about blogging this week. Not only was I reminded of plagiarism in blogging, but I also learned how you can really work anything into our blog. It is fun to think it is a place to write absolutely anything that comes to your mind and speak freely about it.

The semester is flying by! Happy weekend!

3 comments:

  1. It's so weird how closely related politics and the environment really are.. but it does make sense I guess too..
    We need reps to get things going so we can better the environment.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture is good! I feel that politics are controlling everything from our environment and more.

    ReplyDelete