12.15.2009

Eye Opener: Online Learning Activities

Paige's E Health Blog- Concepts Relating to Obesity in America Learning Activity

This activity asked for us to read some links about obesity and answer questions about some of the statistics.

1.)  Obesity can cause ________________ referred to as high blood pressure and can harm the arteries.

2.)  ______________ are highest at risk for obesity.

3.)  _____ percent of children in the US are considered obese.

4.)  Obesity is a _______   ________ treament.

5.)  Obese children's __________________ skills are greatly hindered, mainly due to the disease.

6.)  _________   ___________ is positively correlated with the risk of becoming obese.

7.)  Increased consumption of ____________ foods have assisted to rise the trend of obesity.


1. Hypertension
2. Native Hawaiians
3. 33 %
4. life-long
5. socialization
6. socio-economic status
7. highly processed

Mal's Rain Forest- Relay for Life Learning Activity

This activity was to make sure we knew what Relay for Life was and how we could get involved.

3 Things I Learned...
1. has been up and running since 1985!
2. starts with a survivor's lap... VERY COOL.
3. they place bags with candles inside to remember those who have been lost to cancer

How to get involved in my area..   August 6-7, 2010 at Patton Park in Lake City, MN

I have actually participated in this event before and it was a great experience.




 

I know, how original, but I took a picture of my toothpaste. Although this was one of the only things I can think of, since I use it everyday it almost wouldn't seem right if this wasn't the object I picked. I use it at least twice a day and I get this certain kind because most Crest toothpastes give me canker sores.. bummer, I know. Without toothpaste? Oh man, I can't imagine what my teeth would look like, especially since I enjoy chocolate on occasion ;) If I found out there were deadly chemicals in it? Another toughie, since I really rely on toothpaste. I would have to say that I would try to find another brand then, because I can't see ever eliminating toothpaste from my life. 


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for partaking in my project!! You did a great job and I totally agree with you --> my life without toothpaste!? Not a chance!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome you have done relay for life before! I have been doing the relay for a while now, it is a great way to go out and show your support to people who are fighting cancer, in remission, or those who have lost their lives to cancer. Very Cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to do my activity! I give you props for participating in the Relay for Life walk/run!

    ReplyDelete