12.17.2009

Final Reflection

Week 13
This week we took a tour of the local Goodwill! Not only was it interesting to see how they distribute all of the things people drop off there, but I learned that they employ mentally disabled people. I thought that was very cool. Paige and I brought snacks and we did an activity to find an outfit for an interview under $20. We completed our letters to our respective senators with mine being about the water quality for communities surrounding the Great Lakes. It also wrapped up our Eco-Chic Lifestyle Changes. It was fun to make those habits!

Week 14
This week we presented our junk projects... mine being a traveling storage case for your backpack or purse.

We also created an online learning activity for our group members to complete. Mine was designed to raise the awareness about water quality locally.

Learned about myself...
 In this course, I learned a great deal about myself. As I get older, I continue to become better at critically thinking. Each and every class period of this course helped me with this. I also learned that if I make something such as a lifestyle change part of my daily routine, it can become a habit before I know it.

Learned about the environment...
Although this course has opened my eyes to such new depths in this department, I still have trouble remembering that many others don't have the knowledge I do about environmentally friendly things and instead of categorizing them as ignorant I should just tell myself they need the proper education to behave the way I do in correspondence with the environment. I am continuing to work at this.

Learned about blogging...
I may continue to blog! I haven't decided yet if I will continue to be as constant about it, but I definitely think it is a great way to post things about myself and my feelings in regards to whichever topic I like. It is fun to have something like this that is a little different than other social networking sites, like Facebook. 

This course has been eye-opening. I recommend it to all Health Majors in the future and will remember the things I learned throughout my life. Happy Finals Week!    



3 comments:

  1. It's been great working with you in our blog group! Have a great break and I'll see you in methods :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope finals are going well! I liked your junking project very cool, I still need to find something for my pens and stuff. Have a good break!

    ReplyDelete