12.04.2009

Reflection: Weeks 11 & 12

Week 11
We did an environmental literacy activity where we came up with our own definitions. Then we watched a short video called 'The Story of Stuff ', where a woman basically broke it down for us about 'stuff'. It was very interesting. Then Dr. V  brought in some 'junk' for us. We thought up some ideas that it could be up-cycled into. We also did the issue overview for our blogs, which was also quite interesting.

Week 12
This week was all about blog hops. We created one to hop from each of our blogs to show our photo essays. Everyone's ideas were really great!


Learned about myself...
I learned that I actually like upcycling. I never thought I would be the kind of person to recycle my old junk but I am actually considering trying it now!
Learned about the environment...
Not many things can function without a positive respect for the environment in mind. Keith's Photo Essay really sticks in my head because I can't believe there are neighborhoods right here in Minnesota that have environmental issues like these. It really opened my eyes.
Learned about blogging...
I learned that I want to keep up my blogging after the class is over. There are many things to blog about on a daily basis and I don't think I will ever get bored with it. It is kind of fun to vent through your blog!

Hope everyone had a good turkey break! 



3 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you on Keith's photo essay --> I was shocked at those photographs and the living conditions that some people endure day after day. It really cannot be safe for their health nor for their other family members.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the video The Story of Stuff, very informing. Keith's photo essay was really shocking, I can't believe people live like that, and the state doesn't do anything about it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved watching the Story of Stuff. It was extremely informing, yet concise and easy to understand at the same time.

    ReplyDelete