10.14.2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 2: Weekly Update

My SMART goal was to spend only 5 minutes or less in the shower each time I showered and I have to say, this week was difficult. It wasn't so hard on days when I didn't have to shave my legs, but on those days I really had to book it to stay within the allotted time.

I used a song that was a little longer than five minutes to allow me some time to start the music, undress, then get in the shower. When the song starts to come to an end, I know my time is running out. I caught myself wasting time a little in the mornings because the house is getting colder and I enjoy just standing under the warmth of the shower for a bit too long before I shampoo and condition. :)

I got a little angry that I have to be so fast and efficient about my shower-time but I remember when it starts to bug me that I am doing a good thing for the environment and if I keep up with this it will help our world and make me feel a lot better about myself. I learned that even though I know I need to do it, sometimes my laziness gets the best of me and I want to go a little bit longer in the shower.



Since this week was pretty tough for me, I have decided to make the length of my shower 7 minutes on days that I have to shave, and move it down to 4 on days that I don't. That should even it out, and not stress me out when those legs get hairy. I am looking forward to keeping up with this change!


Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 2 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic with Amy

2 comments:

  1. Dude,
    that's a genius idea to distribute time differently if you need to shave or not. Good adjustment to your own needs as well as keeping the water usage to a minimum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be a tough change for me! I love taking long relaxing showers. I give ya props.

    ReplyDelete