10.20.2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 3: Weekly Update

THIS HAS BEEN A HARD WEEK FOR ME!!

Not only is it getting difficult to take short showers but the temperature is starting to drop and it is harder to get up in the mornings knowing I have to take a short shower. I used to really rely on my showers to wake me up but now I struggle to get out of bed to make it to class in time!



I have to keep reminding myself that this change is for a good reason, I am helping our environment. When I sit back and think of that, it is usually enough to get me going and keep me maintaining my choice. I notice that many things I do now directly reflect my thoughts on saving the environment and I am trying to get as many people around me to add this to their everyday lifestyle as well.

I find that if i change the song that I play while I'm in the shower, it adds a little bit of excitement than having the same song playing every time. I also bought a new razor with different changeable colored tops to keep shaving my legs exciting, which can get pretty bland after 10 years of it.

I plan to keep up my shower length SMART goal. It is a good challenge for me and when we get our utilities bill, I am excited to see if there are any noticeable changes yet from just the few things we have started doing around the house to conserve our resources. Bring on week 4!

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 3 hosted by Amy@Eco-Chic with Amy

3 comments:

  1. haha I HATE getting up in the cold weather... I'm so not a winter lover... I miss warmth where you would only want to take a 2 min. shower because it'd just lead to sweating in there!
    ugh... what I would give for a warm day again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate getting up when its cold too, my bed is usually so warm and comfy! But you will see a notice in your bill! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too!! The only thing I look forward to in the morning is the hot shower I take, so I give you a pat on the back for sticking to your SMART goal, I don't know if I would be able to do it!

    ReplyDelete