11.06.2009

Reflection: Weeks 7 & 8

Week 7.
*watched the video "Green"... this video was a documentary done by a grad student about certain 'cancer alleys' and how the people feel about these companies that have came in and taken over
*4th week of our lifestyle change
*2nd quarter of Read n Seed book
*Environmental working group... learned about the hazards of ingredients in our make-up



Week 8.
*watched the movie "Thirst"... this video was about the privitization of water and the affect it has on the countries being abused by manufacturers to bottle water
*we did an eye-opener called "junk on the brain" where I was made aware of some 'junk' terms and some cute ways to make some junk I had into great pieces of art around the house
*week 5 of our lifestyle change

Things i learned..
I learned quite a few new things throughout these weeks. Not only did I find new ways to recycle or upcycle my junk, but my eyes were once again opened to some of the negatives in other people's lives.. such as 3rd world countries whose water is currently privitized and some people who live right here in the US in so-called cancer alleys. I am also learning through my lifestyle change that the more I challenge myself with it, the more interest I keep regarding the goal.

Blogging has become a part of life at this point, haha. I always feel like there is something I can post about in share and voice's, there just always seems to be something to rant or rave about, or even pose a question about.

Just wanted to give a shout-out to my group member Ashley, who received a blog award this week. Go Ashley!     


Seriously people, check out this video!!!

Happy blogging and have a good weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I know I actually really enjoy blogging. It's just like writing in my own personal journal except that some people actually see it! Totally cool....

    P.S. thanks for updating me (I hadn't checked my comments to see an award... BLAH!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Ashley again on the blog award! The junk website was a really cool idea!

    ReplyDelete