10.08.2009

Reflection: Weeks 3 & 4

In week 3, we didn't actually have class time. I meet with Jayme and she went over the blog requirements with me. I seemed to be keeping up for the most part, I struggled a little bit with finding everyone's blog so I could follow them and also remembering to comment on all of my group member's posts. We also had to pick our book for Read 'n' Seed, explain what it was about, and decide how we were going to split up the reading. I am very excited to get started on this!

In week 4, we watched the video called 'An Inconvenient Truth', by Al Gore. I had read the book a long time ago, but this movie reminded me what I read. I covered a lot of aspects of global warming and climate change.


That is the official site for An Inconvenient Truth. Check it out!!

We also chose what we are going to do for our Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change. I chose to take shorter showers. We will see how that goes!!

In these couple of weeks, I learned there are a lot of things I can personally do that I am not doing already to make myself more eco-chic. Those ecological footprint quizzes we took were incredible eye-openers, I told a bunch of my friends to check them out!

The Al Gore movie really made me focus on the environment. We all definitely take our resources for granted and need to change the way we live immediately. This is something I want to become a walking advocate of.

Blogging is going well! I think I am starting to really get the hang of this!! :)

3 comments:

  1. I know, I am actually not too shabby at this blogging thing anymore! Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such a hard time finding people for my blog right away too... Thankfully Jayme was a big help and I'm so glad we had that class meeting!
    Enjoy the weather before the "s-word" hits Duluth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that blogging is getting easier! The documentary was really eye opening on how many resources we use! Its crazy!

    ReplyDelete